Monday, August 03, 2009

Something to look forward to

In the movie "The Taking of Pelham 123", the professional negotiator asked whether the criminals say what they are going to do if the ransom is not given within the time given, and Garber said yes, they are going to kill someone in the train. And the negotiator said that's good because that means the criminals are looking forward to the future.

One must have something to look forward to in order to live on.

V is coming to town this weekend. He has got a new camera and we'd looking forward to go on a photography trip. I still do not know where to go and haven't got any idea what should we shoot. Sunrise and sunset is a bit boring. Should we set a theme then? Like the newspaper always do.

B has returned from her studies in Taiwan and she's got me a new book. A book that I've read a little about it and I liked it instantly. It's about filming but it's not the "How to Make a Digital Film" stereotype kind, where they show you step-by-step from pre to post-production. The author look at the film industry in his very own unique way, which is more personalized and humanized, and I thought this is nice.

And of course, must watch the much anticipated "OVERHEARD" in the cinemas.

K sent me a song - "Falling slowly" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkFB8f8bzbY). Amazing song with lyrics that touch your heart. I know you are there, and I've heard you. :)

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

Soon later I found out that it is the soundtrack of "ONCE", a film that I've missed. Now that I've listened to the song, it made me want to watch the film even more.

No comments: